For women dealing with fertility struggles, Mother’s Day may not be a day of celebration. Everywhere you look there are mothers being celebrated with flowers and meals with children, while you are trying to become pregnant and grow your own family. The fertility specialists at Procrea in Quebec and Ontario share tips on how to deal with the stress that this particular holiday may bring.
- Go out with friends who don’t have kids. Do something fun such as seeing a movie or going bowling. If you want to avoid crowds completely, invite them over for a home cooked meal!
- Spend quality time with your partner. Take a road trip, head to the beach, or go camping to spend time with your loved one before a baby takes up all your free time.
- Get pampered and relax. Consider a massage or spa day, if money is tight you can DIY at home with your partner.
- Take time to journal, read, blog, talk to others, or meditate to relieve stress.
- Focus on your own mother. Spend the day with your mother, in-law, or other maternal figure in your life. Instead of dwelling on the fact that you don’t have children yet to celebrate you, you can still celebrate Mother’s Day with your mom.
Don’t waste a perfectly good Sunday feeling sad. Your day will come and our fertility experts are here to help! If you are unsuccessful in conceiving after six months to a year of trying, schedule an appointment at one of our Procrea fertility clinic locations in Ontario or Quebec.