Hoping to grow your family in the upcoming year? The fertility doctors in Quebec and Ontario can help! The experts at Procrea have outlined some new year’s resolutions to get you and your partner on the right track to conceiving in 2019.
- Quit bad habits. Although this is a common resolution, it is especially important if you and your partner want to get pregnant. Tobacco, drugs, and alcohol can negatively affect the fetus’s development. Aim to stop these habits before you begin trying.
- Lower stress levels. Make 2019 the year you learn to de-stress. Stress is inevitable, but it can also negatively impact your pregnancy, so start finding solutions now. Try yoga, meditation, or activities that you love such as reading. Make it a weekly or daily habit to take time to yourself.
- Get more sleep. Sleep helps our mind and body function. Be sure to get enough rest at night, and take naps when possible if you are feeling exhausted in the day. In order to get better quality sleep, try turning off electronic devices one hour before heading to bed and getting to bed earlier.
- Adopt a healthy lifestyle. After the holidays, we all could use a little change in our routine. Determine your ideal BMI and try to reach that weight range. Women who are underweight or overweight may have a tougher time conceiving. Additionally, it benefits both partners to eat healthy meals, take multivitamins, and exercise regularly.
- Schedule date night. When your mind is set on having a baby, it can be tough to be romantic and connect with your partner, especially after you’ve been trying for a while. Find time to talk and listen, and have fun! This may be your last year without children, so enjoy your partner and experience things you’ve always dreamed of.
- Seek help. After six months to a year without success, it may be time to see a fertility doctor. Our reproductive specialists can examine both you and your partner and come up with a personalized plan to get you pregnant! Contact a Procrea office nearest you in Quebec or Ontario for a consultation when you’re ready.