Couples trying to conceive sometimes try crazy things to speed up the process. Do not try to try everything you read, instead follow the advice of our fertility doctors. There are different ways to prepare your body for pregnancy, including stopping smoking and controlling your weight.
Procrea’s breeding specialists have also created a list of superfoods that can help boost your fertility rate by providing essential vitamins and minerals to your diet. Try adding these products to your shopping list and see if they help you and your partner.
- Whole dairy products. Whole dairy products contain good saturated fats and are full of vitamins K2, A and D3. These are fat soluble vitamins, so it is important to opt for whole milk varieties.
- Wild seafood. Oysters, salmon, seafood and other low-mercury fish are rich in iron, vitamin B12, selenium, omega and zinc, which is very important for fertility. Cod liver oil is also known to promote blood flow to the uterus.
- Hazelnut. Nuts are also an important source of omega 3 fatty acids, while Brazil nuts provide selenium. Nuts can also increase male fertility, grab a bag and share it with your partner!
- Egg yolks. Eggs contain vitamins B, D and choline. Studies have shown that choline can reduce the risk of birth defects, so it’s good to add some to your running list. It’s also an inexpensive way to add protein to your diet.
- Fruits and vegetables. As with all good diets, we also recommend eating fruits and vegetables to increase your fertility rate. Grapefruits, oranges, broccoli, peppers, kiwis, and pineapples are filled with vitamin C that can regulate women’s hormonal balance. Spinach contains iron, which can help ovulation. Finally for your partner: pomegranates, avocados and cooked tomatoes can increase male fertility.
- Liver of heifer. This may not be the most popular food on our list, but listen to this: The liver can deliver vitamin A, B12 doses of riboflavin, as well as much of the folic acid, selenium, choline and zinc above recommended doses. This is worth a try!
- Seeds. Sunflower, flax and pumpkin seeds are also worthy of your pre-conception diet. Sunflower seeds (or sunflower butter) will bring you vitamin E, folic acid, selenium, zinc and omega 3 fatty acids. Flaxseeds are another great source of omega 3, this can help the hormonal balance while pumpkin seeds have a high zinc and iron content.
- Beans. Studies have shown that in terms of health during ovulation, vegetable proteins are better for women than animal proteins. Beans and lentils are therefore a good source of iron, fiber and folic acid.